For more than 35 years, Butler Rubin has provided the highest quality service to insurance industry clients on complex litigation matters. Butler Rubin has an extraordinarily talented group of experienced trial lawyers who understand the challenges that insurers confront in the courtroom and in arbitration. Butler Rubin and our attorneys have been named among the “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers both nationwide and in metropolitan Chicago.
Our firm knows the inner workings of the insurance industry, the regulatory constraints under which insurers operate, the pitfalls associated with claims handling and denials, and the financial reporting and accounting issues faced by insurers. We leverage our experience in the insurance industry to find resolutions for clients without expensive and unpredictable litigation and to avoid creating adverse precedents that may negatively affect our clients’ businesses.
We handle insurance matters involving:
- Coverage: from coverage issues in asbestos, environmental, mortgage and title insurance claims to junk fax, advertising injury, and additional insured disputes;
- Class Actions: from challenging certification of class actions to working with underlying defense counsel to settle class claims in light of coverage limitations and defenses;
- Bad Faith Claims: from defending against claims brought by policyholders to pursuing claims against E&O and D&O carriers;
- Health-Related Claims: from defending carriers and TPA’s against ERISA and fiduciary duty claims to enforcing indemnity agreements between carriers and health care network providers;
- Disputes with Other Insurance Companies: from prosecuting a large class action on behalf of the worker’s compensation industry to representing carriers in post-acquisition accounting disputes; and
- Regulatory: from assisting in internal reviews of client practices to helping clients navigate regulatory changes and investigations.Butler Rubin builds long-term, trusted advisor relationships with our clients in the insurance industry because we issue-spot industry trends, serve as a sounding board for our clients, proactively strategize in partnership with our clients, identify key opportunities to settle and share post-engagement lessons learned to inform our clients’ businesses going forward.
Comments from Clients and Contacts as Reported to U.S. News/Best Lawyers
- “Butler Rubin is a top-notch dispute resolution firm for a fair price.”
- “Butler Rubin Saltarelli & Boyd is a very professional firm. Our relationship was very positive, and they guided us through some stormy waters to a positive outcome for our company.”
- “I found the staff to be polite and professional and attuned the needs of the client. I always felt comfortable with them knowing that they would answer all of my questions promptly; they would explain their strategy clearly; and they would listen to any suggestion that I might have.”
- “Butler Rubin is well versed in reinsurance and insurance law. Their attorneys treat clients as respected partners rather than just a revenue stream.”
- “Butler Rubin is very competent, courteous and responsive.”
Other Industry Accolades
- Named a “hidden gem” – BTI Consulting Group’s Power Rankings
- Cited for delivering superior client service – BTI Consulting Group’s A-Team Report
- Named a “Go-To” Law Firm for the Top 500 Companies – American Lawyer Media
- Pro Bono Recognition Roster – Public Interest Law Initiative
- Singled Out for Excellence – Illinois Super Lawyers
- Leaders in their Fields – Best Lawyers
- Leading Lawyers – Law Bulletin Publishing Group
Some of the content on this site is considered Attorney Advertising under the applicable rules of certain states. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
Butler Rubin assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or timeliness of any information provided herein. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice or a substitute for legal counsel.
Online readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While we would like to hear from you, we cannot represent you until we know that doing so will not create a conflict of interest. Accordingly, do not use any of the supplied e-mail interfaces to send us any confidential information until you speak with one of our attorneys and receive our authorization to send that information to us.
Sites listed as hypertext links herein are not under the control of Butler Rubin. Accordingly, Butler Rubin can make no representation concerning the quality, safety or suitability of the content of these sites nor can the fact that Butler Rubin has included this link serve as an endorsement by Butler Rubin of any of these sites. Butler Rubin is providing this site, the information, listings, and links contained herein only as a convenience to you.
Some of the content of this site is considered advertising material under the applicable rules of certain states. The content, original images and their arrangement herein are protected and owned by Butler Rubin.
2. Information collected
We may collect the following personal data when you visit our website: (a) Personal data provided when you complete forms available on our website; (b) Personal data you provide when you contact us; (c) Personal data relating to: (i) your application for employment at Butler Rubin, (ii) our Diversity Scholar award; and/or (iii) your attendance at a Butler Rubin event; (d) Details of visits to our website, including the volume of traffic received, logs and the resources which have been accessed.
3. How we use your information
We use information you provide to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. With the exception of vendors providing hosting, database management and development services related to the operation of these websites, we will not disclose, sell or rent any of your personal data to any third party unless approved by you or required by law.
4. Transfer of personal data
5. Links to other sites
We may provide links to other websites for your information or convenience. Such websites are independently operated and not under our control. We are not responsible for the content of these websites or any products or services offered through them.
8. Our commitment to data security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, the Firm uses commercially appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. However, we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
9. Our commitment to children’s privacy
We do not seek to collect or maintain information on our website from those we know are under 18, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
The Extranet is a secure (password-protected) and private (client-specific) portal for Butler Rubin’s clients who want to share information directly with the firm. Butler Rubin’s Extranet uses SSL encryption to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all communications between your web browser and our Extranet server.